Kids and Teen Blog
Argh Me Mateys! It's me! Bloody Bonnie Flint! It's Monday, September 19th 2011! And do ye be knowin' what that means? Shiver me timbers! It's Talk Like A Pirate Day!
Oh the response that I got when I answered me phone 'tis mornin' with a "Ahoy ye yellow bellied sap sucker! What be wanting you?" It was my boss. He was less then thrilled, then I told him what holiday it was and he got right into it! Aye, aye he did!
Step one of talk like a pirate day. Figure out your pirate name! I be Bloody Bonnie Flint, I be.
Step two. Find yer vessel's name. Me ship's moniker be The Fall of Atlantis.
Step three. Study up fer Talk Like a Pirate Day so you'll be talking more like Blackbear than the land lubber you be by reading these here books.
Step 4. Get a lesson from th' scurvy pirate master himself, Pat Croce.
Step 5. Have a few jolly pirate insults up ye sleeve.
1. Dance with Jack Ketch, ye pox-faced swab... Prepare for yer doom!!
2. Ye'll not get our treasure, ye grog-snarfing kraken... To the poop deck!
3. We'll rip and burn yer Jolly Roger, ye mutinous swabbie... Land ho!
4. Yer doom be at hand, ye parrot-loving kraken... Belay that talk!
5. Argh, walk the plank, ye lice-infested swab... Blimy!
Step 6. If all goes wrong have this handy English to Pirate Translator bookmarked and at the ready.
Wishin' ye a grog-filled Talk Like Pirate Day me buckos!