The Best Distribution in Canada
Are You Selling Enough Books in Canada?
No one is better than Raincoast when it comes to servicing the Canadian book and gift marketplace. Change is a constant and we have had 30 years to develop the skills we need to thrive when others don’t.
Full-Service Book Distribution
Raincoast has a full complement of sales, marketing and operational staff focused solely on growing your sales:
- We employ 4 in-house reps and 15 agency reps in 7 cities across Canada
- Our sales team attends CGTA and OLA as well as smaller regional fairs for both the book and gift market.
- We also have expertise in library, corporate and special markets
- Our marketing team in Vancouver and Toronto includes 3 publicists, an in-house designer and an online marketing specialist
- Raincoast has over 80,000 square feet of warehouse capacity
- Our benchmarked same day shipping, inventory management and customer service have resulted in our receiving numerous industry awards
- Our B to B site is open 24/7, allowing our customers to place orders and access information at their convenience
- Our clients can access our B to B to view sales reports and title status when they need to, whatever their time zone.
We are continuously working to perfect the science of full-service distribution to ensure aggressive placement and effective promotion, driving both sales and sell-through.
Is Raincoast right for you?
If you are looking for a Canadian distribution partner with expertise in distributing both book and gift product; a partner who works with major chains and independents and who is as comfortable working with on-line retailers as with bricks and mortar, read on.
We believe we are the best at what we do, but Raincoast will not be for everyone. Our model is full-service and includes sales, marketing, warehousing, shipping, and accounts receivable. We believe that your success depends on these things being completely in synch.
- We do not offer fulfillment services separately from sales and marketing, nor do we agree to service only part of the Canadian market
- We focus on distribution; we do not offer publishing or co-publishing services
- We do not act as consultants
- Our partners are well established in their home markets and have proven sales histories
- We do not distribute foreign-language editions, single titles, or self-published books
Raincoast may be a good fit for your company if:
- You have an established, successful domestic trade program, with minimum annual sales of $1M in the US
- Your strengths lie in bookstore, children’s, library, gift and/or speciality channels
- You can imagine yourself keeping company with these fine people
By choosing our publishers carefully for over 30 years Raincoast has forged successful, lasting partnerships that work. We could be a good partner for you.
If you’re looking for distribution and fit the criteria outlined above, we look forward to hearing from you: