Reporting to the Director of Field Sales, the Sales and Marketing Assistant is the key contact for materials from our publishers to our reps. In addition the assistant provides administrative support to members of the sales and marketing departments. Main duties are as follows. Others may be assigned from time to time as appropriate.
• Contact publishers prior to each season with sales kit requirements, catalogue needs and deadlines, specifically requesting materials for all key titles and products.
• Distribute materials to sales representatives, appropriate publicists and members of the marketing team, maintain good records of materials received and distributed and follow up with publishers as necessary to ensure that all required materials are received.
• Order all rep samples and other samples as needed
• Maintain catalogue mailing list and manage seasonal catalogue mailing
• Track department expenditures and maintain FMP purchase order system
• Maintain Better Business Rebate program grids and send quarterly reports to booksellers
• Provide support and share knowledge of Raincoast E-Cat program with sales reps
• Maintain co-op grids for national accounts, independent and mass customers; track and cut purchase orders. Work with the credit department to ensure customers are credited in a timely fashion.
• Maintain an inventory of marketing promotional materials for distribution to reps at book fairs, gift shows and bookstores throughout the year
• Assist in preparations for trade and gift shows and sales conferences
• Provide back up to data analyst in gathering sales data as needed
• Provide sales reports for Sales Reps and sale team when requested. Do monthly summaries for rep sales reports
• The successful candidate will be highly organized, detail oriented and will have particularly good written and verbal skills. Candidate must have a proven aptitude for computer work and an ability to work well with other people. Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and work under pressure
• Strong computer skills in MS Office and Adobe Acrobat with excellent skills in Excel
We regret that we can only acknowledge applications from candidates selected for interviews. No phones calls or agencies, please.
To apply, please email your resume to Sandy Cooper by July 10thth, 2012